Wednesday 26 June 2013

England v New Zealand

A very volatile market last night and I suspect that there were plenty of big winners but also plenty of big losers. Layers of each side at 1.3ish would have done very nicely as the market swung back and forth from around this mark on a number of occasions.

Unfortunately I was not one of the winners. I typically get involved at lower odds and use the greater leverage lower price points provide. By the time these points were reached it was an NZ train and my stops were hit giving me an all red book of £45ish (I haven’t got into the habit of taking screenshots after games but will try to do so in future). No serious damage and the way the game panned out I was only one boundary from a reasonable win. That may sound like a version of the losing gambler’s oldest refrain but I am comfortable that by staking correctly and leveraging such situations over and over I will be well ahead long term.

Volatile games such as these are often characterised as “trading heaven” but of course they are only trading heaven if you are on the right side of the swings and that is not as easy as some like to make out. I will post something on the subject in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment