Friday 15 April 2016

IPL – Gujarat Lions v Pune Superkings

The Indian Premier League, love it or hate it, is back in full swing. I love it and not just for the trading opportunities it presents. It has to go some to live up to the World T20 but I am sure it will have a good crack.

I didn’t do much in this game. Pune won the toss and elected to bat. There have been a few decent scores at Rajkot and with the likes of Ajinkya Rahane, Faf Du Plessis, Kevin Pietersen, Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh and MS Dhoni in the side I was expecting a decent total so was with Pune from the start. I was pretty happy with Faf and KP going along nicely but things when wrong from there. I bailed for a small profit and watched as Pune made a mess of the second 10 overs. Had it not been for 20 off the last over their total would have been poor. The Manhattan chart and the Betfair graph of the Lions at the break illustrate things nicely:



I couldn’t trade the second innings so left things there. Hope you were able to get something out of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment