Monday 7 October 2013

Mumbai Indians v Rajasthan Royals

Needless to say I am happy with that!



Felt comfortable enough to return to my normal trading stakes today and it is pleasing to produce a good result. So often when you look to “up” things the trading Gods decide to give you a kick in the whatsanames. That may still be around the corner of course so I will trade the next game wearing my jock strap and box!

That is probably too much information so on to the game…

The market was pricing a fairly typical 160ish runs and when Mumbai smashed 202/6 and took Perera’s wicket early they were trading in the late 1.1x range. It was an impressive team performance with each batsman contributing but the standout knock was Maxwell with 37 off 14 at a strike rate of 264.

It looked a big task for the Royals but my reading of the pitch is that it was playing well so I took a position on the fall of Perera’s wicket. Fortunately the timing was perfect as a decent stand from Rahane and Sansom spooked the market and it blew out to over 2.5. I was out long before this point though, taking my liability out in the low 1.3x range and levelling up around the 2.0 mark.

The graph of the effect on the market of the partnership is a pleasing sight… assuming you were on the right side of it!
And that was pretty much it for me. When I have a decent win banked I do not like to push things. I did consider opening another position at the same sort of price but the Royals did not have enough batting firepower left in the shed.

Hope you did ok if you got involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment